SLIDER

WELCOME


Self care, skin care, & nurturing Mother Nature.

Read more here

Trying to live a more minimal and conscious life in search of pure happiness and joy

My Everyday Drugstore Makeup



Happy Wednesday you lovely lot! When it comes down to makeup posts, I realised there's a common one I seem to have forgotten to do over here on NB this whole time and that's the my everyday makeup post. Most of the time, my everyday makeup stays the same with the same products for years and years unless something new comes into my possession that I absolutely love. There's a few high-end products that I love to use but ultimately, my everyday favourites are drugstore because the drugstore, especially now, is pretty damn good. Although I do use some high-end products for things like contour and concealer, I also have drugstore alternatives that I like almost just as much so I thought I'd give you a drugstore and a high-end version of this post.

The Body Shop All-in-One Instablur Universal Primer | £15.OO: Surprise surprise, this primer is the one I use almost every day. I've raved about this primer so so much on here, but that's because I've never tried one that I like more than this. It smooths over my pores and any spots I might have really well and the best thing about it is that it keeps me quite matte almost all day. This primer keeps me oil-free but it also looks like my skin so it doesn't look like I have an artificial layer on my skin. Winner.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in "Ivory" | £5.49: I love this concealer and even over look the fact that it's a little too dark for me. It has small shimmer particles in it and because I wear no foundation, that can give a nice natural look to the undereye area but it also gives some coverage. I tend to apply my concealer in thin layers so I will buff in one thin layer under the eyes with a real techniques expert face brush, then another thin layer with a beauty blender.

Seventeen WOW! Skin Concealer in "Fair" | £4.99: Another concealer I absolutely love for it's brightening properties is the Seventeen Wow! Skin one. This drugstore dupe for the YSL Touche eclar concealer pen is a dream to use under the eyes as it's got quite a salmon pink tone to it so it hides dark circles well. I tend to apply a layer of this over the top of the Rimmel Wake Me Up with a beauty blender and it's fantastic at evening out the dark shade of the Rimmel concealer whilst making me look more awake and well slept!



Natural Collection Corrector Stick in "Green" | £1.99: I'm not a girl who is big on colour correcting because as I don't wear foundation, it means I don't really have anything to even out the colours after you've done colour correcting however I do like to occasionally use a green corrector to hide any redness or angry spots. Natural Collection have some great super budget products and this stick is definitely one of them. The stick is really creamy and easy to apply and I tend to use it on stubborn red spots and just around my nose as that's where my skin seems to be the most flushed. It does a great job of concealing some of the redness but it also acts as a fantastic base for additional products as it gives them something to stick to.

Rimmel Match Perfection Illuminating Concealer in "Ivory" | £5.99: Which brings me onto the third concealer in my arson. I know that sounds ridiculous to say you use three different ones, but as I have quite an animated face, having thinner concealers for the undereyes is a must and having a thicker, more heavy-duty option for spots and imperfections is needed too. I will always love the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and the NYX HD Concealer for spot concealing, but a recent discovery and new love for me is the Rimmel Match Perfection. I tried the foundation of this years ago and absolutely hated it but for some reason I decided to try the concealer and it's a definite love affair. This is a great concealer for hiding pesky spots without going cakey and still keeping my skin looking natural and fresh.

Essence All About Matt! Powder in "Translucent" | £3.OO: I totally forgot to throw my setting powder into these photos, but I tend to be pretty happy with most cheap translucent loose powders or Laura Mercier's. My current favouite though has to be the All About Matt! powder from Essence. Essence are one of my top budget brands - I really love every product of theirs I've tried and this powder is no exception. It's a really finely milled powder despite being about £3 and is a great little compact to keep in your bag if you need to touch up. I tend to set only my undereye area and my nose/chin as that's where I get oily even without any makeup on, and this powder sets those areas really well and doesn't move around the face, oxidise, or look chalky/cakey.



MUA Luxe Bronze & Sculpt Contour Kit in "Light/Medium" | £5.OO: I'm not that into the whole contouring thing, but I do like to emphasise the fact that I have some pretty good cheekbones and I also love to give my face a bit of a bronze as I'm such a pale princess. Now I know contour should always be a more ashy, natural shadow sort of shade, but I do quite like this MUA luxe contour kit despite it being quite dark and terracotta in it's base tones. This powder is super blendable and really pigmented so it's fool-proof for contour novices like me. I like using this as a contour because despite it being the wrong shade for contouring, it's great for lazy contouring (i.e. bronzing at the same time). I apply this to the hollows of my cheeks and blend it upwards to give my cheeks some much needed colour and then take it up to my temples and apply a little to my forehead. This particular kit also has a very subtle but beautiful highlight powder which I often use for my daily makeup looks, too.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in "Santa Rose" | £3.99: Although I really love the matte blushers from Natural Collection for my everyday makeup, Rimmel and Essence always pull in at second and third place. I'm especially loving this blush at the moment as it has a tiny hint of shimmer to it which isn't glittery or like a highlight, but it gives my cheeks a nice natural flush of colour whilst also making my skin look really healthy and gives it a natural sheen. The sheen does fade throughout the day but the colour remains and it's a great little option for when you're travelling as it's small and compact and is also a universal colour for us pale ladies as it goes with every lipstick colour and eyeshadow option.

MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter in "Iridescent Gold" | £3.OO: Highlighter is the one thing I don't stay that loyal too because I like to try loads of different ones as there's so many out there on the market. The one I've been getting the most use out of lately though is this gold shade from MUA. I used to adore the Pink Shimmer shade of this range and wore it every day for years but I'm really loving champagne/pale gold shades of highlighter at the moment. These MUA highlighters are excellent value for money and last all day. I tend to wear some just on the high points of my cheekbones and bit down the centre of my nose. I'm not big on the shiny top lip look or wearing any on my oily chin, but I do love a good bit of sheen and glisten so a highlighter is a must in some areas!

Sleek MakeUp Brow Kit in "Extra Dark" | £8.49: My absolute favourite eyebrow product for the last almost 3 years now is the Sleek eyebrow kit. I love this stuff. I use the shade Extra Dark and find it a great dark brown shade to use that is not too ashy and not too warm/red in it's tones. I tend to apply the coloured wax first to the tails of my eyebrows and to get a clean arch, then I apply the powder to the middle of the brows. I leave the front of my brows free of colour and simply blend the product out with a spoolie - making sure to comb the product into the inner parts of the brows to give it that graduated effect. I think this kit is great and I even use the little brushes that come in it because for once, the freebies are actually good! This stuff lasts me well over a year each time I purchase it and it keeps my brows looking neat and put together all day every day. Sweat proof, rain proof, it's the full deal.



Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara in "Ultra Black" | £7.99: Just like highlighter, mascara is something I am happy to change up and experiment with all the time but one that I have been repurchasing again and again is this one from Bourjois. It manages to lengthen, thicken, and coat the lashes a deep dark black without looking clumpy or really fake. Waterproof mascara tends to irritate my eyes so I can never use them despite them holding a lash curl better than non-waterproof options however this one holds a curl really well. Whilst it's not waterproof, I can honestly say it has been pretty invincible in a fair few rain storms and doesn't end up smudged all over your face. It also doesn't flake off throughout the day and it's sweat proof too (which is why I think it has the name it does!).

Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Lipstick in "Clay Crush" | £6.99: When it comes to lips, my everyday makeup doesn't always include a lip product as I usually just wear balm as it's fuss-free but my favourite lipstick at the moment (and has been for the last couple of months) is this Maybelline matte option in this nude terracotta shade. Its a nude that's kind of peachy and suits my skin tone really well. These lipsticks from Maybelline are very matte but extremely comfortable to wear. They do transfer slightly but they're pretty invincible against food and drink. As they're not as fool-proof as a liquid lipstick, they don't dry the lips out but do give great colour pay off. I just *love* this shade.

Topshop Lip Bullet in "Motel" | £8.OO: And lastly, my alternative fave lipstick is this sheen one from Topshop in the shade Motel. It's another nude but this time much more mauvey brown and I really like it for days when I need a bit more moisture but want a bit of colour too. Topshop's lip products are great in general, but I find this lipstick particularly good because it wears so well - even after I've eaten and drank, yeah sure it transfers and wears off a little, but it fades equally around the lips so you don't get that horrible halo around the outer part of your lips. This colour goes with most blush shades and eye looks that I go for so it's a one I like to wear quite often.



Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

© NB • Theme by Maira G.